|IDA (Institute for Defense Analyses)|
- Prepares documents on a timely and accurate basis, to include narrative, technical, or statistical reports from typed, taped, automated or handwritten text. Uses a personal computer and appropriate software for creating, storing, retrieving, formatting and integrating documents and other data in accordance with prescribed format and procedures; may require chart preparation and graphics; responsible for correct spelling and grammar; reviews materials prepared for supervisor’s approval for accuracy and proper format.
- Maintains working relationships with other organizational support functions, such as Control and Distribution, Publications Services Office, Technical Information Services Office, to ensure timely, accurate processing of reports for final drafts, reviews, and distribution.
- Maintains project schedules, travel plans and personal itineraries for assigned staff; assures that travel arrangements, security requirements, and administrative support are properly accomplished; coordinates all necessary forms. Responds to both routine and non-routine telephone inquiries with standard answers or by referral to appropriate staff member.
- Prepares routine correspondence on own initiative for supervisor’s review. May scan and sort incoming mail and interoffice correspondence into priority categories; note items of interest based on current projects; may retrieve and attach background material before distributing.
- Maintains recurring internal reports, and other types of data as requested; establishes and maintains files as directed; follows up on pending matters to assure that schedules are met; maintains office supply inventory
- May utilize spreadsheet, graphics or database software programs; also may maintain information systems and databases. Operates standard automated office systems and equipment- to include electronic mail, conference room scheduling and other internal automated systems, fax machine, copy machine and scanning equipment. May serve as technical resource for other staff members on software questions and issues
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- 3 Years Experience
- Ability to obtain necessary security clearances.
- High school diploma or equivalent, with three or more years’ experience in secretarial, word processing or administrative functions.
- Demonstrated ability to handle proprietary or sensitive information and to operate effectively under deadlines with tact and diplomacy.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing with all levels of employees.
- Demonstrated proficiency in use of various software packages to include word processing and spreadsheet, graphics and database applications on microcomputers such as IBM and Macintosh; experience with other automated systems e.g. Microsoft Outlook or other electronic mail system, conference room scheduling systems and other internal automated systems. Ability to obtain necessary security clearances.